- 1 tablespoon dark chili powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
- 2 filets of Sheepshead, skin on
- 3 tablespoons ghee (or clarified butter);
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Yuzu Juice (or combine the juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime)
- Corn on the Cob (charred over open flame or in cast iron)
- Baby Radish
- Red Onion
- *Parmesan Cheese
- Combine the salt and dry spices (first 6 ingredients).
- Score the skin and season the fish on both sides. (Save extra seasoning, if any, for another use.)
- In a nonstick skillet, add 2 tablespoons ghee and 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add the fish, skin side down, and sear until skin is beautiful and crispy – about 3 minutes, then flip over.
- After 2 minutes, add the last tablespoon of ghee and about a teaspoon of yuzu juice. Let cook for a couple minutes more until fish is cooked through; do not let it dry out.
- Remove fish from pan and set aside.
For the salad:
- Make sure all veggies are rinsed and dried.
- Char the corn on the cob over open flame or in hot cast iron skillet; carefully cut kernels off with sharp knife.
- Quarter baby radish.
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Once fish is removed from pan, add in your salad mix for about 30 seconds.
The Plate Up:
- Add your wilted salad to your dish of choice.
- Top with fish.
- Drizzle any remaining liquid from the pan over your fish; olive oil also works nicely.
- *optional* Grate fresh Parmesan cheese over dish.